SENIOR ART DIRECTOR – BOOKS
We are looking for a creative superstar to be our Senior Art Director and take responsibility for the execution of art/design work relating to individual projects of the Books and Content Marketing divisions of Motivate.
- Lead the design of book and magazine projects from concept to final production.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail and creative flair.
- Supervise and guide the activities of design team to ensure that the highest standards of design, layout and content representation are achieved.
- Co-ordinate internally all aspects related to book and magazine design and production so as to meet deadlines and production schedules.
- Monitor design standards, quality and output of the work during all stages of the production cycle
Required skills & experience:
- 8+ years’ experience working for an established book, academic or magazine publisher.
- Experience designing book covers, book jackets, book interiors and book packaging.
- Experience designing magazines and creating magazine brand identities.
- A portfolio that demonstrates fluency in the visual language of trade publishing – books and magazines.
- Strong typographic skills.
- An understanding of book positioning and retail categories.
- Pitching design strategies — both internally and to clients.
- Directing photo shoots.
- Color correcting and retouching photographs.
- Preparing mechanicals for production.
- Conducting on-site press checks.
- Adept in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Arabic language skills a plus, but not essential.