Events Administrator: 5-month Contract: October 2019 – April 2020
Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity is recruiting for a junior events manager for a 5-month period.
Sister festival to the world-renowned Cannes Lions, the festival has been running in Dubai for thirteen years and is the leading festival and awards for the advertising communications industry. Well respected and hugely credible, the festival and awards attract over 4,500 attendees.
The festival is a joint venture between Cannes Lions and Motivate Media Group and the role is based in Dubai, so it is a prerequisite for the candidate to be residing in Dubai already.
This role supports the activity of the Dubai Lynx team (a small team of 4) and you will work very closely with and shadow the Event Manager in ensuring the deliverables of the Festival are met to the highest possible standard and acting as a support during the event manager’s maternity leave in December/January.
The candidate will be expected to take responsibility for the elements of planning and operations of the festival such as:
- Managing event operations ensuring the delivery of Dubai Lynx to the highest possible standard
- This includes working with suppliers and contractors who deliver the event and the overall look, feel and layout that you see on site
- Further to what happens onsite at Lynx, there are also subsidiary events that we host throughout the year such as breakfasts, meetings, launches etc – so to ensure these are managed successfully from inviting guests to the management onsite as well
PARTNERS AND SPONSORS:
- Working with partners and sponsors – whether that be rolling out competitions, initiatives, or other for our clients both pre, during and post-festival. This is quite a challenging role and takes up quite a bit of time because we need to ensure success for our partners to ensure they continue to support Lynx
- Management of exhibitors onsite, as well as any other suppliers, entertainers, the venue and staffing as well
- Management of the student competition, ensuring promotion to universities in the region and collection and management of entries. Liaison with the student jury shortlisted students and partners.
HEALTH AND SAFETY, LICENCES AND PERMITS
To put together our event, there are many government procedures we must follow to get relevant permissions to run Dubai Lynx:
- Speaker licenses
- Civil defence permissions
- DTCM permissions
- And other health and safety requirements
Candidates to manage the above processes and ensure deadlines are met accordingly.
- Dealing with telephone, web and email enquiries
- Drafting letters to delegates/entrants and clients
- Management of interns and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensuring critical dates are laid out and we all meet deadlines timeously
- General office administrations
- Manage the entry processing – ensuring interns are trained to process over 2000 entries in the lead up to the festival
- Management of trophies, including ordering duplicates and dispatching to winners post the festival
- Ensure promotion of Lynx initiatives such as Young Lynx competitions and startup hubs to name a few
- Must have experience in event management
- A reliable, proactive and adaptable candidate with excellent admin and communication skills is a must!
- A clear, professional and confident telephone manner with experience in dealing with customers;
- Exceptional organizational skills – with attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office– the role requires maintaining well-organized spreadsheets and documents
- Good command of English – both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiatives and prioritize to meet deadlines
- A quick learner who has the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team and be able to report back weekly on progress on tasks and responsibilities
- Flexible and capable of working long hours (in the lead-up and during the event)
Qualities and Experience:
Proven admin experience with previous event management experience is a must.
09h00 – 17h00 Sunday to Thursday but there will be long working hours in the week/s leading up to the event as well as long working hours during the event.
Our office is located at Media One Hotel, Dubai Media City.