Editor – Campaign Middle East
Campaign Middle East is seeking an Editor, to be based in Motivate Media Group’s Dubai office.
The Editor will be responsible for overall quality and direction of the brand across verticals which include print, digital and events.
Campaign Middle East is the region’s leading media, marketing and advertising resource, covering the brand communications industry. It is widely read by industry thought leaders from senior executives, marketing professionals, and agency leads to copywriters. The brand’s audience spans the breath from the marcomms industry.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Determine the contents or direction of the brand, in consultation with the CCO and Publisher, and ensure that editorial planning is agreed well in advance.
- Forward plan the brand’s print publications at least two issues in advance and work on concurrently these while simultaneously ensuring that digital content is updated in a daily basis.
- Commission articles from industry leaders and/or contributors as well as in-house journalists; write articles and edit articles.
- Play an active role in the title’s promotion and attend corporate events, as needed.
- Should be able to host (MC) all Campaign events like Breakfast Briefings, Marcomms360, Agency of the Year Awards along with our podcasts, webinars.
- Liaise with the Publisher on the planning and execution of all supplements and/or special projects.
- Ensure that digital platforms show agreed growth, be that the website, social platforms, videos or podcasts.
- Ensure that the print publications are published on time by adhering to deadlines and following the production process through from conceptualization to print.
- Prepare the flat plan and liaise with the Publisher regarding flat plan changes before going to press.
- Ensure that the magazine is edited, subbed and proofed thoroughly to maintain the highest quality. Ensure that all corrections have been incorporated.
- Liaise with the design team on the cover direction and selection.
- Check and sign final pages/artwork, before it is sent for printing.
- Supervise contributors and ensure copy and photographs are received in time.
- Attend internal, client or management meetings as and when required.
- Ensure that there is adequate control over expenses by initiating cost-saving measures, efficient planning, adherence to schedules and quality management.
- Assist the CCO and Publisher in preparing annual budgets for the brand.
- Report the title’s progress on a regular basis, including current and future issues to the CCO as required.
- Day–to–day management editorial team, through selection, induction, training and motivation.
- Ensure that the highest possible standards are achieved, both in terms of content and the design.
Motivate Media Group is the region’s leading multi-platform content producer with a diverse portfolio of media interests comprising magazines, digital, social, video, exhibitions and events, cinema and books.
Interested candidates may apply attaching a copy of their CV and a covering letter.